CREC and partners are developing educational programming on state-EDD alignment to raise awareness and highlight the importance of collaboration opportunities while also demonstrating ways states and EDDs can improve overall alignment and coordination.
Curriculum for State Leaders
Even new and experienced state economic development executives make time to expand their skills and knowledge. A peer-led curriculum with short video modules covering 18 leadership and programmatic topics meets the needs of these busy executives and helps them enhance their working relationship with EDDs. In addition to the state executives, EDA Assistant Secretary Alejandra Castillo shares her thoughts as part of the curriculum. If you are a state economic development leader, click on the link below to get started:
Economic Development Leaders in Action
- Strengthening Connections Between States and Economic Development Districts
- How will new EDA Grant Funds Be Used: Identifying Priorities from Treasury Relief Spending
- International Trade as a Component of a State’s Economic Strategy
- DEI and Manufacturing
- Incentives Roundtable: New Findings on Remote Worker Attraction Programs
- USACompetes.com – Your Resource for International Engagement
- Enhancing State-Regional Partnerships: A Closer Look at Economic Development Districts & the CEDS
- Manufacturing Cybersecurity Briefing
Click here to access the list of webinars on one page.
Several blogs have been developed to summarize different events that highlight state/EDD strategic alignment:
- Strengthening Partnerships: Improving the Alignment Between States and Economic Development Districts
- SIDO Promotes International Engagement and Integration to County Leaders
- How States are Using EDA Statewide Planning and Tourism Grants
- Learning Local Perspectives on State and EDD Alignment
- Highlighting Opportunities for States and Economic Development Districts (EDDs) to Better Align Economic Development Planning Strategies
- State Trade Directors Discuss Coordinating Economic Development Strategies with Regional Partners
- Strategic Alignment Fueling DEI in Manufacturing
- The American Manufacturing Communities Collaborative (AMCC) has weekly calls to discuss the importance of manufacturing throughout the country. CREC presented on state-EDD alignment in September 2021.
- AMCC hosted a convening to discuss the development of manufacturing community ecosystem metrics that can drive state-EDD alignment and collaboration. This work was done in partnership with NIST’s Manufacturing Extension Partnership.
- CREC discussed state-EDD alignment at NADO’s 2021 Annual Training Conference. The presentation can be found here, and the results of a live poll can be found here.
- SIDO’s 2022 Washington Policy Forum hosted a session where CREC asked attendees their perspectives on state-EDD alignment. The poll results can be found here.
- CREC presented thoughts on state/local alignment at the NADO 2022 Policy Conference. The presentation can be found here.
- NADO participated in the 2022 Western Prosperity Roundtable Forum and discussed the value of state engagement with EDDs and RDOs. The presentation can be found here.
The materials included on these State-Local Alignment webpages were prepared by the Center for Regional Economic Competitiveness using Federal funds under award ED21HDQ3070060 from the Economic Development Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce. The statements, findings, conclusions, and recommendations are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Economic Development Administration or the U.S. Department of Commerce.